The online Master of Business Administration program featured at the Romain College of Business includes interactive learning opportunities and an experiential curriculum that develops distance learners’ ability to think creatively and critically within the business world. The University of Southern Indiana’s attractively priced, fully online MBA degree program is designed to help MBA students take on leadership roles in virtually any organization. Students gain hands-on experience and knowledge essential to their success as innovative company managers, directors, or VPs.
Today’s business students are tomorrow’s business leadership professionals. Rigorous standards within the Romain College of Business accredited programs ensure students are prepared for careers in today’s workplace. The Business and Engineering Center promotes collaboration within disciplines, increases innovative and entrepreneurial thinking, and provides an excellent learning experience for business students.
Business school leaders focus on providing many opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to establish networks, develop critical skills, and engage in learning inside and outside the classroom. Notable opportunities include:
- Interacting with regional professionals and executives.
- Participating in internships with local businesses.
- Engaging in case competitions with peers across the state and nation.
Undergraduate programs include on-campus and online degrees in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, and Management. The business school offers graduate students an excellent on-campus or online Master of Business Administration.
Online MBA Requirements
To satisfy all requirements of the online MBA program, students must complete thirty-credit hours, including twenty-one hours of core coursework, which equals seven courses. Students also take three credit hours/one course in Data-Driven Decision Making and six hours /two courses of specialization coursework.
This online program features highly experiential and interactive classes focusing on developing management and leadership skills. Courses deal with organizational behavior issues and how to develop a student’s professionalism in the areas of:
- verbal, written, and interpersonal communication,
- group dynamics,
- change management skills,
- team building,
- creative problem solving,
- information and communication technology, and
- the roles of leaders in a dynamic work environment.
Applicants wishing to gain acceptance into the program will have completed an undergraduate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 from a college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) or a close association. Candidates should submit official transcripts to the Department of Graduate Studies.
A candidate in good standing will complete one of the following:
- GMAC ESA test with a score of at least eight
- GMAT test with a minimum score of 500
- GRE test with a minimum score of 300
MBA students can request a test waiver if they meet one of these criteria:
- An earned graduate degree
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 with three years of full-time professional work experience
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma honor society